Tuesday, October 11, 2011

It's Over, Johnny.

It's Tuesday, but I'm NOT happy. Let's skip the bullshit and talk about how we REALLY feel.
I don't know about you, but I'm REALLY pissed off.



If you would have told me I would be sitting here on the Walt Whitman Bridge in early October (along with my friends "Phanatic" and that stupid Bird mascot whose name I dont have a clue), I would have probably called you a liar. Better yet, I'd probably have called you a pathetic Mets fan. I would fix you a nice tall glass of haterade and shrug your nonsense off like I have been for the past couple of seasons.Instead, I'm sitting here on a bridge sipping on a warm mug of "WTF".
My heart was broken into a million little pieces on a beautiful early October Friday evening. Like any normal stalker does after a nasty break up, I went through my Bunts blogs and reminisced on the season that should have been. I cried, I laughed, I threw blunt objects at my wall. I dreamt of Chase, Roy, Clifton and Jimmy scoring like no one's business (not all at once dirt balls... haha). I started to call my cat "Sebastian Le Toux", as it seems that the Philadelphia Union may go further in the playoffs than our beloved Phillies (DOOP!). And now I simply have nothing but sadness to spread to my faithful readers.



What really threw me over the edge??? I felt like a fucking Eagles fan. I sat and watched the season that was "Written in the Stars" (aka Rube's checkbook) fall apart faster than a knock off Coach bag. The frustration I felt over the lack of run support mimicked the frustration my guy feels pretty much any time they show fat boy Andy Reid on TV: We know what the god damn problem is. It just didn't get any better when the time called for it.



UGH. How many days until Pitchers and Catchers report?!?!



It's going to take a while to get over this one, Philadelphia. I think it's time for me to climb off the edge of this bridge, quit listening to The Smiths and swap my Utley jersey for my Flyers one. Life goes on. The boys in Orange and Black are looking pretty good so far, and like I mentioned above the "U" are about to start a campaign in the postseason. Not too shabby, Philly.



Have a great week (or try to, at least).



I'll be reporting next week from gorgeous Tampa, FL... I should hope to be in a little sunnier mood by then. If not, I need some serious help.


-xo,
DiamondGirl215




LET'S GO FLYERS!! C'MON THE "U"!!


1 comment:

  1. You couldn't be more on the money. I have too read every blog or post over and over to see if there was something I missed that would explain away my broken heart. I know I am not alone as you and so many others feel this pain. I will be patiently waiting to start the process over in the spring hoping that the pain I'm feeling now will turn into a rewarding season for our boys in 2012.

    Thanks Diamongirl215

    Robin (aka-Is It 7:05 Yet?)

    ReplyDelete