Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Great Ticket Market Crash of 2012




Our fearless leader, Jay Wrizight recently posted on Face Book..."When you offer away a free ticket to a game and someone asks 'Where's the seat at?' the correct response should always be 'it’s in the stadium, douchebag!'. The Wriz' post speaks the truth. Since 2007, Phillies tickets have been white hot. This season it’s like you're asking someone to attend a root canal. In 2009, the response to the question, "Do you want to go to the game?” was greeted by, 'I'm getting married that day but my fiancĂ©e' will understand'. Ask someone now? 'Yeah, I gotta do anything else.' Where has everyone gone? If they do attend a game, they are not still in the park when the Phillies are down by a run after the 7th inning. I know the Phillies couldn't beat a high school JV team right now, but it’s still a fun place to be, right?
Another question, what do the Phillies consider a 'sell out'? There are many open seats most nights. I figure roughly 2 to 3 thousand a night. How do they still announce 44,571 when there are clearly fewer than 40,000? T-Mac can't wait to tell the world, 200 blah, blah, blah sell outs in a row. It makes me want to punch that big titty, apologist right in his man boobs. I think the sell out streak ended during the Dodgers series in early June, tell me I'm wrong.

With having a decent amount of tickets, Stubhub became a nice source of income. I could easily get double face value for any game. Red Sox games, the sky was the limit. Now, face value is too much. When I try to give them away it's like I'm asking people if they want tickets to the WNBA. It shouldn't take 20 phone calls and an open Face Book invitation to give away 2 lower level seats. Thanks for stepping up, Joe Craig. Maybe Jimmy Rollins was right when he called this fan base 'Bandwagoners'. If I see you at the ballpark in September when the Fightin' Phils are out of it, I'll buy you a beer. I'll be the only one in section 103.

Keep It Classy Philly!
DB29

No comments:

Post a Comment