Thursday, April 11, 2019

Hello Buntamaniacs! It's been forever since my last post. I think my last piece was about Cliff Lee to give you a time frame. So..Let's jump right in.

WE GOT HARPER!...WE GOT HARPER!  Could this off season have gone any better? Segura, McCuthchen, Realmuto and the $330 Million Dollar Man. Wow! If you predicted that kind of talent coming here your friends would sit you down for an intervention. And could Bryce Harper be any cooler? He has really embraced this city. So much for "He wants to play on the West coast", "He wants to stay in DC", "He wants to opt out after 3 years". So glad all that rumor mill was nonsense. He is here for 13 years, let's enjoy! 

As someone who has suffered some pretty lean years down at Citizens Bank Park, I can say the bandwagon is filling up. The ballpark has been electric so far. Lines, lines and more lines...And that's just for the Men's Room. Since CBP is the new hot spot again, the wife and I took my 8 year old son and 4 friends to Sunday's matinee vs the Twins. It was the Birthday Boy's request.

First things first, if an 8 year old gets away from you, saying "He's wearing a red Harper t-shirt" is not very helpful to the search party. Harper, Harper everywhere. I'd say 80% of all patrons are wearing a freshly printed Harper T or jersey. It is a sea of 3s. There is still a spattering of Howard, Utley and the occasional Werth but not like in years past. The future is here.

The staff at CBP needs some training. They may not be use to the volume of fans if they are new but they should know where the Sunblock stations are. I asked no less than 5 employees where a station was and they were either clueless or very vague. I even asked in the First Aid room, they looked at me like I asked them if going with Neris as our closer was a good idea. Weak sauce, get it together people.   

The beer selection may be off. I did not embibe as I had a bunch of kids to watch but it seems that the selection is down from years past. I need more research but that is for a future post.

The Yard! The perfect spot to corral 6 kids and not worry too much. Our group was pretty good, we got to see 6 innings from our seats. They got itchy so we were at The Yard later in the game. It was cool to see the reaction of 100 kids when Hoskins hit that go ahead Home Run. The wiffle ball field went nuts! Seeing them jump up and down, going crazy as they saw it on the big screen made our day. Also, a public service announcement...Attention helicopter parents, you DO NOT need to be on the field with your kids as they shag wiffle balls. Kids only! Cut the cord already!  

Lastly, my personal pet peeve. Wearing jeans on a sun soaked day is gross. Yesterday was borderline but let's break out the shorts from June on.

RING DAT BELL!!! BELIEVE THE HYPE!!! LET'S GO PHILLIES!!!

Keep It Classy, Philly!

DB29

No comments:

Post a Comment