Saturday, September 29, 2012

View From the Left Coast by a Lefty - Finale'

View From the Left Coast by a Lefty - Finale'
 
This has been one crazy year to be a Phillie's fan. Ups, downs, and all arounds. I don't wish to beat a dead horse but I stuck by my guns (http://philliesbunts.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-official-fork.html) and today it's official. Don't get me wrong, I had some nervous times, and I admit I was hoping that I was wrong more than once. After 5 years of dominance, it hurts to be out of the real season. But, think about it, does this not make the Braves run of 11 years seem briliant? It kills me in more ways than one. I have personal issues with the Braves organization since 1968 when I was a *VERY* low draft choice of theirs. But that's not why I'm writing. I just had to get shit out.
 
CJ and Wriz have summarized the season and offered up MVP's and shit. I think we all have had our own ballots and both of them are pretty dead on. This year is officially gone. For my own sanity, I choose to focus on 2013, which many "experts" will probably deem as a "rebuilding" year. I don't think so. I think we have an overwhelming amount of parts to build on while staying competitive. My personal view I have stated before... the entire coaching staff must go. I could quote from the above blog on why so I won't do it again. New leadership leads to new attitudes on top of the chemistry built the second half of this season. There are one or two maybes... like Doc's shoulder. In my mind, he knows what's wrong and will work even harder over the winter to be Doc again. And Cliff Lee... he goes in 3 year cycles seems like and next year is a 3 year. :) The man can pitch, we know it. Howard's Achilles will be firmly healed next year. Chase continues to amaze me with his legs. Chooch is healed. So where do we go from here?
 
I offer this up for next year's opening day lineup:
 
Rollins SS
Victorino CF
Utley 2B
Howard 1B
Chooch C
Ruf LF
Mayberry RF
Frandsen 3B
Hamels P
 
???? Victorino you say? I say he comes back(WANTS to come back) at a bargain price with a chip on his shoulder... like when we got him. These guys all love each other, and playing in Philly. I know it'd make me want to play my best. I truly believe Kevin Frandsen is a major league 3B. Maybe not an all star, but was Pedro Feliz an all star? Nope, he just won a ring. Howard(if I was hitting coach lol) cuts way down on K's and up in OBP. The major hurdle in my lineup is Utley's legs. BUT... we'll have Galvis as a backup for the whole infield basically. That don't suck, he can play. I wish I could read RAJ's mind and predict the bench but... for those of you who don't follow Reading or the Iron Pigs they do have a couple other prospects who just might make the roster. If I could predict the bench I'd already be making bets in Vegas for next year lol.
 
So that's it from AZ. I am still taking shit about my Eagles from last week every day at work. But I have other shit to worry about. Next week, 10/1, I have to pick my vacations for next year. And this year there isn't 2 rounds of picking, only 1. So I have to force the date of the Meet ' N ' Greet even earlier, or just forget about it. I like to take the last week in March (3/25-3/29) for spring training games and my 2 oldest girls' bdays. And then 5/27-5/31, usually Memorial Day, my son's bday, and my bday. God only knows if/when Meet'N'Greet 3 happens but today it's way up in the air. And you thought it sucked to be a Phillie's fan in AZ just cuz lol. I already know I'm up shit's creek because of last year. Whatever happens I *WILL BE COMING HOME* but the dates I have no control over. So we'll see.
 
Ok bunters, I wish you all a good Eagles season and my very best to have Gary Bettman executed and hockey season to start ASAP. Yes, I love my Flyers and went to the very first REAL home game in 1967. This pic describes it all, it's a tshirt you can only get here in AZ:
 
 
If anyone wants one of these let me know and I'll provide a link to order. They should be roughly $20 including shipping. And with that...
Let's Get Bunted!
 
NetFather aka Bill S

2 comments:

  1. Good piece. I'd like to Vic back as long as we get that solid bat to! I wasn't one of those shirts. Hook up an xxl!

    ReplyDelete